:: 26 January 2017 to 8 July 2017 ::
Panama to New York City
- Distance Traveled: 2650nm; 3050mi; 4908km
- Longest Passage: 1708nm, 13 days, Grand Cayman to New York, 9 May – 22 May 2017
- Most Northern Point: 40º47’421N, New York, 22 May 2017
- Most Southern Point: 09º33’663N, Portobello, Panama, 26 January 2017
- Most Western Point: 082º19’470W, Starfish Beach, Bocas del Toro, Panama, 15 February 2017
- Most Eastern Point: 073º59’064W, New York, NY, 22 May 2017
- Since January 25, 2015, 8302nm traveled!
Where We Went
- 4 countries: Panama, Colombia, Grand Cayman, United States
- 5 islands/mainlands: Mainland Panama, Bocas del Toro Panamanian islands, Providencia, Grand Cayman, Manhattan
- Since January 25, 2015: Nearly every island from the Northern Bahamas to Trinidad and Tobago, a smattering of Western and Southern Caribbean islands, mainland Colombia and Panama, and New York City
- Nights Underway at Sea: 21 nights – 3 nights Portobelo to Bocas, 3 nights Bocas to Providencia, 2 nights Providencia to Grand Cayman, 13 nights Grand Cayman to New York
- Nights at Anchor or on a Mooring: 132 nights
- Nights on the Hard: 0 – Thank goodness!
- Nights Docked at a Marina: 10 – Loved being back at Chelsea Piers, where the adventure began!
- Since January 25, 2015:
- 30 Dives: 6 in Bocas, 2 in Providencia, 22 in Grand Cayman. Since January 25, 2015: 78 dives!
- Yoga on the beach, on the dock and in the studio
- Runs on the streets of Cayman
- Hikes in Panama and Providencia
- Brita volunteered with Floating Doctors in Bocas del Toro, Panama
- Jason got his Dive Master cert with Eco 6 in Bocas del Toro, Panama
- Transited the Panama Canal with Maggie and Andreas on Stella Polaris
- 9 Books Read: Favorites include In the Heart of the Sea and A Tree Grows in Brooklyn
- 2 overnight visitors: Rebecca in Bocas, February 2017, and Colin in Bocas, March 2017
- Day visitors: Floating Doctors crew in Bocas del Toro, Melinats and Jenny Mac in New York
2.5 Year Anniversary of Cruising